Sunday, September 16, 2012

Parrot

Days Down- 0

We just put a down payment on the bird yesterday, and it will be coming home in 3-4 weeks, since it isn't weaned yet.

We go and play with it as often as possible, and multiple times when it is fidgeting on my lap, we will let it perch on my father's arm (which it isn't doing too well at yet) and it will poop.  This is definetely a good sign, because it means that it doesn't want to go on my lap.

We don't wan't to get it sexed and are just assuming it is a girl.  We named it Mina, which I was told means blue sky.

Since she won't be coming home for another monthish, she won't get to see the boat until next year, which might be better, because then she can't get attached and won't be confused with the change of enviornments.

Personally, I think my dad is just as attached as me, even if she tries climbing up him.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to comment, but please refrain from using profaine or offencive language, as I will remove your comment. Thanks!